Friday, February 25, 2011

My Dentist refers to "my history of drug abuse" in a letter explaining treatment issues. Is this malpractice?

I told the dentist after having been prescribed opiates different before and after surgery for degenerative disc disease over the past 5 years that I was tired of being in the fog and requested an alternative. My doctor and I agreed "Suboxone". This avoids the problems of withdrawal and the lower dose I am now offering a low level of pain can be treated. Unaware of serious infection between the teeth and gums, which I think would break the paralyzing effect of novocaine, my dentist does not understand why the first and only time in my life, Novocaine did not work and could not stand the pain, while than trying to remove a badly infected tooth. In addition to a ridiculous cost to do this work by an oral surgeon under general anesthesia, both social security and state disability examiners requested a report on the current state of my health. In fact, my immune system is affected by the new series of cortisone shots and temporary nerve block, but my dentist has his own agenda, when I explained what his opinion might do, he reminded me that it was my story. My dentist explained that after visiting a friend at a party, he has become an expert in addiction. While I'm happy for him I wonder if the legal system would be a better place for him to continue his education. This arrogant, egotistical bastard would not take the time to understand the other options. I have never used anything other than what I was prescribed, and I asked for it to end. Is he right to label me as having a "history of drug abuse" without any facts, in truth, medical records, etc.? The dentist is more knowledge in that area. He knows that you are using the drug for medical reasons, and I do not think it is insulting you. He just does not know why there was a lot of drugs in your system. Tell your dentist you are taking drugs prescribed for medical reasons No, it is not malpractice. Be careful not to sue, because the judge will dismiss the case as nonsense. Most dentists will actually have more years in school. Dentists have to finish school before they can actually be allowed to practice dentistry. no he is not right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment